Kiewit Mexico is a subsidiary of one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. Kiewit Mexico offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including power, oil, gas and chemical, terminals, marine works and mining. Kiewit Mexico had 2017 revenues of $50 million and employs more than 1,500 staff and craft employees in Mexico.
Professional resource that will be collaborating with Kiewit Energy, Oil and Gas and Industrial projects. Candidate has to be able to perform without supervision: Evaluate, select, and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to design the conceptual of large power projects, formulate technical specifications and prepare interface points with construction partners, etc. Should have 5 to 15 or more years of experience in engineering projects, be highly technically competent and familiar with current tools/programs/software, etc.
- Evaluate, select, and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to design the conceptual of large power projects.
- Formulate technical specifications and prepare interface points with construction partners. Schedule, review, and coordinate design efforts with other project personnel, performing bid evaluations of equipment and construction proposals and developing recommendations for contract award.
- Prepare electrical engineer designs, including layout, design schematics, calculations and conceptual design; utilizing standard methods and project principles.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers, maintaining a comprehensive understanding of departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit guidelines, providing suggestions and recommendations as needed.
- Work as a part of a large project team including both in-house inter-discipline engineers and construction superintendents to provide our Clients the industry’s best of both engineering and physical design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from university.
- 5-15 years’ experience performing in multidisciplinary projects.
- Familiar with computer operation and should have the ability to use electrical department design software tools.
- Knowledge and application of current version of the NOM-001-SEDE-2012.
- Familiar with all applicable standards (ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL, NEC, CFE, etc).
- Able to perform voltage drop calculations and grounding calculations.
- Able calculate and select cable tray systems.
- Able to determinate facility and motor control center loading.
- Able to perform lightning calculations.
- Able to formulate technical specifications for LV MCC, LV SWGR, MV MCC, MV SWGR, UPS, VFD, etc.
- Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and PDF software.
- Able to develop electrical installations specifications, design criteria and scope of work.
- Experience in field construction or startup (power or oil & Gas plant) work and previous experience directing junior engineers is desirable.
- English level required: Medium reading, writing listening and speaking (able of expressing ideas) knowledge.