Kiewit Mexico is a subsidiary of one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. Kiewit Mexico offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including power, oil, gas and chemical, terminals, marine works and mining. Kiewit Mexico had 2017 revenues of $50 million and employs more than 1,500 staff and craft employees in Mexico.
Professional resource that will be collaborating with Kiewit Power, Oil and Gas and industrial projects. He has to be able to perform a variety of design and analysis tasks related to site civil design, drainage systems, grading and roads/paving, and design reviews for conceptual and final designs. Should have at least 10 years of experience in engineering projects, be highly technically competent and familiar with current tools/programs/software, and CAD practices.
- Work on large size or multiple small size engineering projects without supervision.
- Define scope of work, prepare estimates and schedule for civil engineering portion of work in a project.
- Developing and directing discipline monitoring with the Engineering Project Manager (e.g. project budget, schedules, and change management requirements etc.) Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets (including staffing needs) for project management and department management
- Reviewing, monitoring and ensuring compliance requirements are met for design (e.g. Standards, specification and local codes and regulations etc.)
- Incorporate requirements of the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contract, customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs), professional service agreements, or other contractual requirements ensuring projects meet or exceed project goals.
- Mentor and direct work of entry and mid-level employees for skills development, review progress and results, and provide direction and mentoring as needed.
- Lead the coordination effort with internal and external partners including cross-discipline, construction, vendors and owners to address civil engineering related issues or concerns.
- Lead the technical development of calculations, plans/drawings and specifications.
- Responsible for providing civil engineering estimate of quantities, materials take off.
- Coordinate with Construction to answer field generated RFI’s.
- Ensure all work will be performed in compliance with Kiewit and/or project-specific Quality Management procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineer with Title and Professional Cedula.
- More than 10 years of experience in Power, Oil & Gas or Heavy Industrial Markets, preferably with EPC experience.
- Strong all-around theoretical knowledge in general site civil design, storm water systems, drainage systems, earth works, grading and roads/paving.
- Knowledge on Rainfall-runoff modeling proficiency; Earthworks flow management; Dewatering and stream diverting.
- Familiarity with latest national and design codes (SEMARNAT, CONAGUA, SCT, NOM´s, RCDF & NTC, AASHTO, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in multiple engineering design software (AutoCad Civil 3D, Bentley Inroads, Autodesk Revit & Navisworks, Bentley SmartPlant, SWMM, Autodesk Storm Water Analysis, Global Mapper, Hec-Ras, etc..) AutoCAD Civil 3D experience is a must.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Functional in utilizing spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and computer operations.
- Potential to lead smaller engineering and CAD teams.
- Ability to travel as business requires.
- English level required: Good reading, writing, listening and speaking (fluent conversation) knowledge.