Kiewit Mexico is a subsidiary of one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. Kiewit Mexico offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including power, oil, gasand chemical, terminals, marine works and mining. Kiewit Mexico had 2017 revenues of $50 million and employs more than 1,500 staff and craft employees in Mexico.
Professional resource that will be collaborating with Kiewit Energy, Oil and Gas and Industrial projects. Candidate has to be able to perform without supervision: Mechanical piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs), design criteria, project standards and calculation for complex systems. Should have 5 to 15 or more years of experience in engineering projects, be highly technically competent and familiar with current tools/programs/software, etc.
· Design mechanical piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs) for power plant systems, Oil and gas, refinery, petrochemical, etc, including steam cycle systems, boiler feed and condensate, water treatment, fuel handling, hydraulic, heat transfer systems, conveying systems, utility air, utility water and gas systems. Leads P&ID review.
· Performs calculations for different process and utilities systems and specifications for major power plant related equipment including, but not limited to, combustion turbines, steam turbines, boilers, condensers, cooling towers, and pumps
· Prepare mechanical engineering designs, including layout, design sketches, and conceptual design.
· Prepare design deliverables in accordance with industry codes and standards, contract requirements, and company standards.
· Check design deliverables in accordance with industry codes and standards, contract requirements, and company standards.
· Coordinate with other drafters, designers and engineers assigned to the project or a task, and reviews work progress and results.
· Performs shop drawing review on moderately complex equipment and systems. Able to review, mark-up, and recommend action to project team.
· Capable of creating mark-ups for the drafter/ Designer to incorporate into the design documents.
· Initiates meetings or reviews with own design team, other disciplines, construction partners, and/or regulatory agencies.
· Evaluates alternative control strategies
· Assists start-up specialist
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or equivalent engineering program from an accredited four-year university
- Knowledge of industry standards (NOM, CFE, API, ANSI, ASME, etc)
- 5 to 15 years of experience in multidisciplinary projects within the Power, Oil and Gas or Industrial markets.
- Proficient in basic computer programs including MS Word and Excel, web browsing and e-mail programs
- Experience utilizing AFT Fathom, AFT Arrow for hydraulic simulations and Hysys for system properties simulation.
English level required: Medium reading, writing listening and speaking (able of expressing ideas)