HV Electrical Engineer Substation Specialist72353
Kiewit Mexico is a subsidiary of one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. Kiewit Mexico offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including power, oil, gas and chemical, terminals, marine works and mining. Kiewit Mexico had 2017 revenues of $50 million and employs more than 1,500 staff and craft employees in Mexico.
Professional resource that will be collaborating with Kiewit Energy, Oil and Gas and Industrial projects. Candidate has to be able to perform, check and lead: Evaluate, select, and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to design the conceptual of large power projects, formulate technical specifications and prepare interface points with construction partners, etc. Candidate is expected to work closely with clients, personnel and vendors while managing project work. Should have 10 or more years of experience in engineering projects, be highly technically competent and familiar with current tools/programs/software, etc.
- Evaluate, select, and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to design the conceptual of large power projects.
- Coordinate the development of technical specifications and prepare interface points with construction partners. Schedule, review, and coordinate design efforts with other project personnel, performing bid evaluations of equipment and construction proposals and developing recommendations for contract award.
- Coordinate electrical engineer designs, including layout, design schematics, calculations and conceptual design; utilizing standard methods and project principles.
- Mentor and guide Mid-level and junior engineers, maintaining a comprehensive understanding of departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit guidelines, providing suggestions and recommendations as needed.
- Work as a part of a large project team including both in-house inter-discipline engineers and construction superintendents to provide our Clients the industry’s best of both engineering and physical design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from university.
- More than 10 years’ experience performing in multidisciplinary projects.
- Familiar with computer operation and should have the ability to use electrical department design software tools.
- Experience in electrical substation design and protection and control relay schemes.
- Familiar with all applicable standards (ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL, ANCE, CFE, etc)
- Knowledge of CENACE procedures for interconnecting Power plant substations to National transmission System.
- Experience in field construction or startup (power or electrical substations) work and previous experience directing junior engineers is desirable.
- English level required: Good reading, writing, listening and speaking (fluent conversation) knowledge.