Kiewit Mexico is a subsidiary of one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. Kiewit Mexico offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including power, oil, gasand chemical, terminals, marine works and mining. Kiewit Mexico had 2017 revenues of $50 million and employs more than 1,500 staff and craft employees in Mexico.
Professional resource that will be collaborating with Kiewit Power, Oil and Gas and Industrial projects. He has to be able to perform a variety of design and analysis tasks related to steel and concrete structures, foundations, construction methods, and design reviews for conceptual and final designs. Should have 5 to 15 years of experience in engineering projects, be highly technically competent and familiar with current tools/programs/software, and CAD practices.
- Work with engineering team in developing preliminary and final design; such as plans and details.
- Detailing of structural connections for steel and concrete structures.
- Use Tekla, SmartPlant, Revit Structures, Microstation and AutoCAD 2D & 3D.
- Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations.
- Develop documents with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Assist Design Manager with QA reviews on teammates drawing packages.
- Potential to manage design team, provide guidance to younger CAD Designers.
- Follow companies CAD Standards and work with DOT Standards when applicable.
- Ensure all work will be performed in compliance with Kiewit and/or project-specific Quality Management procedures.
- 5 to 15 years of experience developing structural designs in CAD tools. Experience in the Power, Oil & Gas or Industrial markets, preferred.
- General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for structural work.
- Read and understand construction documents.
- Strong background in structural design and construction of foundations and structures.
- Familiar with symbols, procedures and nomenclature for welding, bolts and steel rebar.
- AutoCAD 2D and 3D knowledge, mandatory.
- Knowledge of BIM or 3D modeling: Tekla, SmartPlant, Microstation
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to clearly communicate and collaborate well with Engineers and Designers.
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
- Capable of recognizing gaps with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to reflect ideas and details using hand drawings.
- English level required: Medium reading, writing listening and speaking (able of expressing ideas) knowledge.