Sr Tax Analyst14650
KIEWIT MEXICO is a subsidiary of one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. Kiewit Mexico offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including power, oil, gas and chemical, terminals, marine works and mining. Kiewit Mexico had 2017 revenues of $50 million and employs more than 1,500 staff and craft employees in Mexico.
- Compile IVA returns for all Mexican entities.
- Compile income tax returns for all Mexican entities (monthly and annual).
- Provide guidance to operations on all tax issues.
- Provide tax optimization strategies and implement as needed.
- Respond to all questions from external auditors.
- Run reports for cash basis activity.
- Reconcile reports & bank statements.
- Review invoices to ensure proper documentation.
- Work with AP/AR/Field to address issues with invoices and unidentified payments.
- Track IVA on retention.
- Account for withholding on services.
- Work with external auditors to finalize IVA returns.
- Review external audit’s tax calculations and make comments.
- Make payments for payroll taxes.
- Make payments for IVA taxes.
- 4 years’ experience at a big 4 or similar consulting firm specializing in Tax.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or taxation.
- Direct experience calculating and filing: VAT tax filings and Income tax filings.
- Extensive SAP. Oracle or People Soft experience.
- Strong experience in electronical accounting and CFDI.
- Customs tax experience.
- Construction industry experience is desirable.
- Joint venture accounting experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Spanish).
- Works well independently as well as part of a team.