KiMEX is Kiewit’s alliance partner for providing engineering, procurement, and construction (“EPC”) services to Kiewit Energy de Mexico, specifically employing the staff and craft that deliver those services. Kiewit Energy de Mexico is a subsidiary of one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. Kiewit Energy de Mexico offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including power, oil, gas and chemical, terminals, marine works and mining. Kiewit Energy de Mexico had 2017 revenues of $50 million and employs more than 1,500 staff and craft employees in Mexico.
Professional resource that will be collaborating with Kiewit Energy, Oil and Gas and Industrial projects. Candidate has to be able to check and lead: Development of schematics and on-line drawings from engineering sketches or mark-ups, model electrical components using vendor submittals and electrical designs, creates plan drawings and details for electrical deliverables, routes electrical cables in a 3D environment, etc. Should have 10 or more years of experience in engineering projects, be highly technically competent and familiar with current tools/programs/software, and CAD practices.
- Coordinate project progression updates and/or issues.
- Utilize and teach to Mid-level and junior engineers applicable engineering national and local codes.
- Gathers information needed to develop design and verify voltage separation requirements are met.
- Coordinate the development of schematics and on-line drawings from engineering sketches or mark-ups.
- Coordinate modeling and model electrical components using vendor submittals and electrical designs.
- Coordinathe plan drawings and details for electrical deliverables.
- Coordinate the development of 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and designs skills.
- Check and navigates in the 3D model for interferences and constructability.
- Check electrical cables routes in a 3D environment to generate a cable schedule.
- Analyze, inspect, and construct designs while adhering to electrical quality standards and department procedures.
- Complete As-Builts by utilizing Request for Information (RFI) forms, Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) and red-lines drawings from construction.
- Mentor and guide Mid-level and junior electrical designers, maintaining a comprehensive understanding of departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit guidelines, providing suggestions and recommendations as needed.
- Work as a part of a large project team including both in-house inter-discipline engineers and construction superintendents to provide our Clients the industry’s best of both engineering and physical design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from university is desirable.
- More than 10 years’ experience performing in multidisciplinary projects.
- Familiar with computer operation and should have the ability to use electrical department design software programs (Autocad, Revit, Navis works, Microstation, SmartPlant 3D, SmartPlat Electrical, visual)
- Familiar with all applicable standards (ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL, NEC, CFE, etc)
- Knowledge and application of current version of the NOM-001-SEDE-2012.
- Familiarity with specification requirements and electrical installation details of construction material lists and equipment.
- Able to design duct bank, embedded conduit, cable tray, grounding, lightning and lighting systems from concept to completion utilizing engineering documents.
- Must be able to conceptualize in a 3D environment utilizing drawings sketches or vendor data information.
- Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and PDF software.
- Experience in field construction or startup (power or oil & Gas plant) work and previous experience directing junior engineers is desirable.
- English level required: Reading, writing, listening and speaking knowledge is desirable.